Friday, May 14, 2004

Poetry from my teenage years

Before you read, please recall that these were written in my late teens. Beneath that very quiet, shy, wallflower exterior, beat the heart of a drama queen! LOL I didn't dare have the nerve to live up to my 'fantasy' life, but I lived it well on paper.





In these simple lines,
that are called poetry,
I have found an outlet,
for all anxiety.



World,
listen to me!
I have a voice!
Do you have ears?



"To Wordworth" 7-3-86
Why should I wish to recreate
the times that are gone by?
For every good time there were twenty bad
and I have no wish to cry.

I understand you don't recall this way,
Yet I most surely do.
although MY youth was not an idyllic bliss
I'm glad yours was for you!



'Walls', Fall Qtr. 1987

I've pushed all the barriers
got 'round the protocol.
I have never, in my lifetime,
collided with a wall.

I cannot find a steadfast rule;
one that cannot be got 'round.
Why can't life be solid?
Built 'round brick, not paper, walls?


untitled, same time frame

I'm told the world spins 'round n 'round
unfelt by those who're here.
I must take umbrage at that notion.

My life spins 'round n 'round
and I sure feel the motion!



'My Lament'

What do I do
oh, WHAT do I do?

They tell me
"Be Careful!"
and I know that they're right.

It's not that you're bad
and it's not that I'm good.

The danger is,
although I try with all my might,
you feel too good,
it seems so right.

My arms cannot resist a chance
to wrap themselves about your waist.
My eyes cannot be denied the joy
of looking at your face.
My mind knows you are danger,
in many more ways than one,
but...

What can I do,
Oh what CAN I do?

I'm so confused...

am I in love with you?




Untitled

Now I sit;
next I rise,
another day begun.
My day revolves
'round another's clock
I hate it
yet go on.

The end of day
will mark one less
on another's clock
I punch.

My day will come;
MY clock will rule!
Oh World,
look out!
I come!


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the poetry! It must be genetic. Noel and Uncle Delvin write/wrote also.

Mum

6:57 PM  
Blogger JoyGirl Commando said...

All these years and I never knew you wrote poetry. Maybe one day I'll get brave enough to post mine.

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home