Friday, October 01, 2004

Home again, home again, lickety split!

Yes, that was me last night, coming home from Nashville. What a neat city! I picked up my treasures from BuyEssex (and definitely got a deal!) and then went to check out nearby Radnor LakeState Park/protected wildlife area. Very beautiful, and peaceful, and the weather was ideal for a good stroll. Sunny, but cool, and lots of shade. The trails were wide and well-tended and I did ACTUALLY see some wildlife while I was there! Lots of squirrels and turtles, a few chipmunks (a personal favorite of mine) and a small group of deer. After that I drove into the city and found Centennial Park, across from Vanderbilt University. Really cool thing about this park is that it has a to-scale copy of the Parthenon on the grounds. Of course I took lots of pictures and will post some of them when I get a moment to relocate the camera.

Steve and I met up when he got off work, and he played tour guide for a few hours - driving me around downtown and showing me the sights - what a neat city! It's bigger than I'd like but it's interesting. It was good to catch up with him, and see his life there in Nashville - it obviously agrees with him. We compared stories on the wonders of being an aunt/uncle - his niece is now 6 months old and he's totally in love with her - lol. Then it was past time for me to be heading home, where the boys were anxiously awaiting my arrival. I am going to be SO tired later today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home