Sunday, May 16, 2004

Wow...

I have two pages up and running and I've only cursed a few times. Amazing! I OBVIOUSLY have no life. I've been sitting here in front of the monitor for several hours now, hoping the food fairy would appear at my shoulder with something to eat. Alas, as usual, my food fairy is lost.

After all the work I did yesterday, I was so glad when I woke up to the sound of rain. Hooray! An excuse to not mow the lawn today! Midas woke me up at precisely 7:04. Yesterday it was 7:09; he must've been sleeping in.

As I sit here in my converted breakfast nook to computer nook, I have a perfect view of the buffet in my dining room. It brings back many memories of holiday meals at Granny and PawPaw's house. Somehow I usually got elected to set the table. The buffet has a sliding silverware tray inside the top drawer, which I always thought was the coolest thing as a kid. I remember that for a long time my granny had a small fishtank that sat to the left of the buffet, and we always wanted to 'feed the fish'. Those poor fish nearly always seemed to die - probably from overeating! Unfortunately, along with my excellent view of the buffet, I also have an excellent view of the fine layer of dust residing underneath it. One of these days it'll be bad enough that my conscience will force me to clean it - but I don't think today is the day.

T and Midas have decided that all dogs must nap on rainy days. T is curled up on my loveseat, while Midas is sprawled on the carpet just below him. If only they were always this calm and quiet - especially around 7 am!

I should get up and accomplish something today, but find myself totally unmotivated to do so. My house seems so quiet without anyone else here. I've had company so often the last few months that it seems strange not to find someone here, or on their way. While I appreciate the lack of incentive to 'get right on that laundry', it's a bit lonely. Especially with the muttlings snoozing the day away.

Well, the sun is coming out, so I'd better get my butt in gear. I think a large helping of hashbrowns with ham sounds good for breakfast/lunch, then a good long hot shower, and off to the grocery store to restock on dogfood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home