Sunday, October 17, 2004

Try this again

I posted on Saturday, but there was a glitch and the post never made it to the blog.

So, just a quick review of the weekend. I spent a large portion of Friday getting ready for the craft sale next Wednesday. I bagged up soap crayons, put hangers on dozens of Christmas ornaments, and then spent several hours dipping spoons in milk or dark chocolate, cooling them, then putting either vanilla or mint candy stripes on some of them. Then I bagged them up in groups of four. Hopefully people will buy them to stir their coffee/cocoa with at work. If not, well, if I'm lucky they'll be serving coffee at Granny's party and I can give them away. LOL I made 120 of them, or 30 bags. Guess we'll see how it goes. I am STILL working on the throw - I put it aside for awhile and then, when I was ready to get back to it, I had hurt my neck! It's still doable - especially since I've completed nearly everything else. Cross your fingers and hope I actually sell something this year ok? Julie Hardy (Gulley) made 20 pairs of earrings and I'm hoping that they will sell as well.

On Saturday I went to the Georgia Apple Festival in Ellijay, GA with Scott, Carla and Bekah Earley. We had a great time, but there was a surprising lack of apple related activities there. There were two growers, two tables that were selling apple butter (and not even the really good kind with pecans and raisins!) and two places that were selling apple pies. Very disappointing in that respect, but the festival overall was nice and we got to see a lot of neat stuff.

Today, I did a little tidying in the TV room, and got about 1/2 of the remaining handstitching done - and the rest won't take as long as there's no more 'figuring' to do. Then I've just got to neaten up the edges and pray that Mum's old sewing machine can sew this monster's edges together. LOL

I've got a lot to do between now and Friday, when I leave to go home for Granny's birthday party, but hopefully the essential stuff will get done, and I will come out of this sale with some cash in my pocket.

I got an estimate on tree removal this evening also. To just remove the one big tree was $3500, and the guy honestly didn't recommend taking it down. I also got his evaluation of another tree and an estimate to just have 4 trees pruned back instead of removing any. The problem tree is a hackberry tree. I am now off to research the net to find out more about this strange tree. :-) Y'all have a great week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home