Monday, May 17, 2004

Old friends and memories

The end of another long day. Hooray!!! Since I've last posted, I've heard from two old high school friends - one that I haven't seen in 21 years and another that I haven't seen in 20 years. Geez, just TYPING that makes me feel old! 37 used to seem like old age, and now that it's looming around the corner, I don't feel nearly as wise as I thought I'd be.

It doesn't seem so long ago that I was thrilled to be following my good buddy Ray around the school on our breaks. I still have a photo (Polaroid!) of Ray, Jon, Nina and myself one afternoon at my parents, after we'd spent several hours playing REAL arcade games (Pac Man, Break Out, Space Invaders) on my family's Atari 800 personal computer! LOL

The next summer I was sharing my room with my friend Regan when she came to spend a few weeks with us in Florida. This was, of course, very far away from where our friendship began, in Augsburg W. Germany as she and I met to walk to school every morning. We were both usually running a little late, and always meant to get an earlier start, but somehow never did.

It seems that one day I WAS twenty, and then all of a sudden there were things in my life that I'd known, or done, or been for twenty years! How did that happen?!

Anyway, enough with the philosophy. "T" just brought me a toy and laid it in my lap - very firmly reminding me of HIS philosophy - Live and play now, for there is never enough time later! You know what? He's a pretty smart dog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home