Thursday, October 28, 2004

Long week

Yes, it's been a long week and I'm very grateful that it's nearly over. I FINALLY went and talked to the mortgage company - and then talked to another mortgage agent who gave me some very good questions to ask. Tomorrow, if it's not too busy, I'll call the first one back and clarify some details. If it's really as good as it sounds, I expect to be signing a new mortgage within a month. Keep your fingers crossed! LOL To make it work long term, I have to commit to the idea of selling within a few years - but the longer I go without a garage and a bigger yard for the guys, the easier that thought gets. And every time the neighbor's teenager blares his car radio going in and out of the alley, the idea is positively delicious!!! Besides, I've had this address for almost 3 years now - and we all know I've never lived at any address more than 4. I thought I'd killed that rolling stone mindset, but it's still there - prodding me from the depths of my brain, whispering "isn't it time to move yet???"

I have to wonder, is it a military-kid thing, or is it just me? I don't think I move just for the joy of moving (cause really it's a royal pain in the ass!), but sometimes I wonder if it's an ingrained habit. Or, did I inherit the 'restless' syndrome, that drove my ancestors to travel, always looking for a 'better' place? I don't think it's a case of "the grass is always greener" - as I like my home and my area. I just have very specific wants that this home will never be able to provide - short of bulldozing the neighbor's house and buying the lot - ROFL. Who knows - I might actually get lucky! The bungalow across the street has an empty lot next to it - and two older spinster sisters that have lived there for an eternity -

I have no idea how I got off on this ramble - but suspect it has to do with wants/wishes and exhaustion all rolled together. Y'all have a great day!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home