Saturday, December 11, 2004

Dealing...

The human memory is an amazing thing. Did you know that you are incapable of remember pain? You can remember BEING in pain, and how you described it at the time, but you cannot remember the actual feeling. I've decided that this is a wonderful thing - otherwise the species would have killed itself off years ago. Most women would've had one kid, said "I don't think so!" and never done it again! LOL

Yesterday was NOT a good day for me - my Crohn's snuck up and whacked me good. :-( It's so easy to forget how debilitating this damn disease can be - until it rears it's ugly head again. I can handle the diarrhea and the sore butt, but the joint pain gets me every time. It started yesterday around noon - and by 3:30 was pretty much non-stop in my lower back and knees. (Sorry Noel - I tried to get your call but missed you - then never called you back.) It finally started easing up around 10:30, thank God, and I was able to get some sleep by midnight, though I woke up around 3 freezing to death and with my shoulder aching like everything else. That's a new one - it's never gone for my shoulder before. Around 7:30 last night I actually called my doc's answering service - something I've never done in the 10 years I've been diagnosed. He's going to touch base with me today and see how it's going. I am so lucky that he was on call this weekend and not one of his partners. They're great too, but they don't know me.

On other fronts, today is two very special anniversaries. My parents have been married for 39 years now - amazing! And, I can now claim four years cancer-free. :-) I'm pretty happy about that too.

My Tylenol is starting to kick in and take the edge off of the remaining pain - so I guess I'll go work on some of this stuff I need to do for the party tonight. I hope I can pull it off...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home