Tuesday, November 09, 2004

800 + ; It's amazing!

Yes, if you note the counter at the left, you'll notice that my site has now been hit more than 800 times since it's May 14th inaugural note. WOW! I know I can take credit for about a third of those hits, as I love to check and see if anyone has actually been interested enough to come by. LOL It's abit weird to know that so many people have come by and not have any idea what most of them think of my site. It must be similar to how film actors feel - I'm performing for an invisible audience and looking to the numbers to see if anyone cares.

To remind you - I have many more blog pages - though most of them are photo related. They should all be able to be accessed from http://carolesclutter-photos.blogspot.com .

In other news - today is Julie's birthday! HIP HIP HOORAY!!! Ok, she'd probably prefer I didn't mention hips - but hey...SHE'S the one who had to remind me that we're now closer to 50 than 20! I could've gone a few more years not thinking about that math fact. Thanks a LOT Jules! (eyes rolling)

Honestly, it's been way too many years since we first met - I think we'd both prefer not to do that math, but we've had fun, haven't we Julie? I'm so glad we found each other again; our internet chats and long distance cleaning sessions brighten my days and give me something to look forward to. We've bonded these last few years over long discussions on cleaning products, the pros and cons of cloth diapers and breast-feeding, the utter boredom of house cleaning (I STILL can't believe you cleaned your baseboards with a q-tip!!! The men in white coats were looking for you for weeks!), and the impenetrable mysteries of the male psyche. We've shared recipes and heartaches. Ok, my heartaches anyway! LOL I get the vicarious thrill of hearing about Miss B as she grows and changes - without ever having to have filled a bottle/sippy cup or change a diaper. How much better can it get? :-)

On an aside - thinking of Miss B just reminded me of one of my favorite memories from my last visit home, when I started to teach Erin the words to "Zippety - do -dah, zippety - yay"... I think she likes it as much as I do! For a brief moment, Erin, I and Mum were all singing the same song - talk about an intergenerational memory -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home