Thursday, November 04, 2004

Depressing -

My neighbor across the street rang my doorbell tonight, shortly after I got home. He was upset and finally came around to telling me that his common-law wife didn't pay the power bill again and it was cut off. They're not talking, and he didn't want her to stay in the house tonight with no power so he wanted me to keep her here with me tonight. I feel terrible, but I said no.

She's disabled, and there's no way I could keep the dogs away from her. Also no way for me to get her out of the house once he brought her in (stairs). AND I have to leave tomorrow by 6:30 for work and I'm not leaving her alone in my house.

Does this make me a terrible person? All I could think was - if she gets it, she'll never leave. I feel rotten, but they've taken advantage of me for nearly 3 years now, and I can't let it continue.

2 Comments:

Blogger R.H. said...

There was a time when I couldn't say no, I'd have taken her in just to avoid feeling terrible about it if I'd refused. But things like this are a huge problem, he's got a cheek really trying to land you with her. It isn't fair, that's all.

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Carole this is Franca Brooks your neighbors daughter. I understand where your coming from and why you didn't take my mother into your house. And you don't have to feel bad about it,because I know they have been takeing advantage of you from when I was living there. I'm going to try and do something about this so you don't have to worry at all!Please email me at (miangel08@yahoo.com)Be sure to check out my blog! franca08.blogspot.com

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home