Saturday, October 30, 2004

Oh, so tired!

What a day - started it with buying a new bucket of laundry detergent - $20 Sears brand and it does 275 loads. And, best of all, it actually works! LOL The best $20 I've spent this year - since my first bucket lasted from the end of January until now - about 9 months. I unloaded my car today also - finally. I think it's a new record though - I unloaded it LESS than a week after my return. :-D

I did splurge a little at the nursery. I bought pansies and violas to put in the front yard. Then I came home, reclaimed the flower beds (we won't talk about how long it's been since I've done anything with them) and actually planted most of them! I also went through and trimmed out a bunch of brush and used my blower to move most of the right side yard and front yard leaves to the road. I shaped up the nandina bush too while I was at it - and have finally decided that I like it. I've had a love/hate relationship going on with that bush since I bought the house, so it was a relief to decide that it was ok after all. LOL

As I'm typing, it's pouring outside - I'm so GLAD I moved all those leaves! Now the water run off will drain more easily, and hopefully not cause me anymore problems. Wish I could take the blower up on the roof and use it to clean out my gutters - that would be a huge help. Oh well - one thing at a time.

My next big plan is to figure out who to foist all this dern Halloween candy on. Trick or treating was tonight and I got a whopping 5 kids - and 4 bags of candy to give out. All I know for sure is that it can't stay here. No way, no how, one way or another this stuff is history!

Well that's the update of my exciting life - I'm just a 'party' animal. I think I'm going to have an ounce of two of my very good port and head for bed. I hope your weekend is going at least as well as mine!


1 Comments:

Blogger Carole said...

For those who are wondering - NO this is not from "Steve" - not the one you're thinking of anyway. This one is in Australia, not Nashville. LOL

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home