Thursday, November 18, 2004

Cooking away

Our Thanksgiving potluck at work is tomorrow and I've decided to do a test run on my Granny's biscuit recipe. I also made a casserole dish of my squash dressing. I know - it sounds weird, but it's actually pretty good, and usually is totally gone by the time the day is over. The biscuits are in the oven, and I'm winging it - as the recipe neglected to mention either the temperature or the length of time to bake them - LOL So, when in doubt, go for 350 degrees, and check every few minutes. We're at 15 minutes now and they're smelling wonderful but don't look quite done yet. The dressing is already done - and I'll be having a biscuit or two before bed. :-)

I think I've gotten all my grocery and holiday shopping done, for now. I have a few more gifts to buy - and lots of them to wrap! I also have to figure out how to get Kaitlynn's birthday present to her. (sigh) Somehow, some way - she will get it. If I'm lucky, she'll even like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home