Sunday, November 21, 2004

So much for cleaning!

LOL I started today thinking I was going to get a lot of cleaning done. HAH! I found out Friday that I was invited to (another) potluck. I got the kitchen cleaned up and decided to make another dish of my squash dressing. It's very tasty, and suitable for vegetarians. (I work with three.) While doing that, I decided to do another trial run on the biscuits as I'd not been pleased with their performance on my first attempt. They were MUCH better this time! :D I had apples to use up, so I made a batch of my applescotch cookies too.

In between all that I had a long conversation with Julie - who gave me several cooking tips - and a decent conversation with my niece, Kaitlynn, who was killing time until her birthday party started. I moved the turkey from the freezer to the fridge. And I ran a load of laundry. But, as I'm sure you can guess - there was no cleaning going on - aside from recleaning my scraper and whisk over and over again.

T curled up on his bed in corner of the kitchen and slept as I cooked, while Midas hung out on the back porch watching the drizzle and keeping an eye out for any roving dogs that might come by to visit. A calm and pleasant day in the chaos that masquerades as my home...


1 Comments:

Blogger JoyGirl Commando said...

Oh Carole, you don't need to worry about cleaning. Your house is immaculate. Martha Stewart would hang her head in shame (if she had any) at her inferior abilities.

No pressure. :)

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home