Sunday, December 19, 2004

Here I am again!

yes, I know I've been a very bad Blogger - it's been over a week since my last update.

So, to start with, overall I'm feeling much better. For those who've been in touch - thank you for your concern. :-) The doc had me stop medicine for a few days and then restart it at a lower dose. My gut is still a bit irritable, but most days I'm feeling myself again. I can still tell when I've pushed too hard - Thursday ended up being a very long day - I was for about 19 hrs, and on Friday I could really tell. Despite a good nights sleep I was still very achy when I woke up. I took it easy on Friday and read/dozed most of Saturday morning as well. Now I'm pretty much back to normal.

I have accomplished very little this week - LOL Julie called yesterday and got my butt out of bed, and I did get most of the laundry done. I've got the last load going now. I have a pot of chicken stew on the stove and it smells so good! That's the real reason I make it - not for the taste, but the smell. (grin)

My big concern this week was whether or not I would have a job. There were the first set of job "reallocations" done this week. http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_60017.asp After I thought about it for a bit, I thought maybe this wouldn't be such a bad thing - and then when I saw what the severance pkg was, I wanted to know where to sign up! My only stipulation would be that health insurance would be continued for at least a year. Did a lot of dreaming about what I could do with that money. I'm now almost hoping that they do offer me one on the next go-round. That should give me time to get house refinanced. I think I'd take the money, use it to upgrade automobile to something more practical, and invest a portion of it in the most essential for resale value home repairs.

I need to do some serious thinking about what I want to do with the rest of my life. They say to do what you love. I love nursing and making a difference in people's lives - but my body doesn't love it so much. I think I'd enjoy learning to be a general contractor - learning the right ways to restore my favorite old homes. Or being an architect - for the same reasons. Of course I'd LOVE to be a photographer-and actually know what the heck I'm doing, instead of winging it -. Research is also a definite option - as everyone knows, I can bury myself in reading material for hours on end without any difficulties at all.

As you can probably guess, I'm getting restless. I'm bored and lonely and looking for things to fill my time. With all this hoopla at work I think about moving again sometimes - it would be nice to be closer to the family - but then I remember the stifling heat in the summer, and wonder if I really want to deal that again.

I think maybe I'll go research photojournalism and see what the opportunities/training/salaries might be for that. See ya on the net!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home