Thursday, December 23, 2004

Hooray!

I've survived the workweek! This week has really been rotten. Long slow days at work, and short restless insomniac nights. Grrr. Last night I FINALLY get to bed at decent hour (9:30) am sleeping good then starting to get restless again, but could've pulled off at least another hour when half the dern fire station drives down my street with all sirens! Dogs think this is WONDERFUL, run to the front room and sing along at the top of their lungs! Apparently it was a false alarm, as they left quickly, but it took me 15 mins to calm the guys down and another 30 before I (sort of) fell back to sleep!

Oh well, I still got enough sleep and that's the main thing. Carole without sleep is not a nice person. My fangs start showing, and I get an evil glint in my eye.

My new drugs are having some interesting side effects - but tolerable I suppose. At least until I can find another drug - lol.

I'd better get going - I have many gifts to wrap before I hit the road tomorrow. My friends Carla and Scott have invited me for Christmas supper (lasagna - yum!). She originally had said 1 pm, but forgot that was Bekah's nap time, so it is now supper. I'm actually happier to have it supper. That way, once I get home tomorrow I can hole up and vegetate for a solid 24 hrs. :D I found the Kenneth Branagh production of MacBeth at Big Lots for $3, so I bought it. Have no idea if it's any good, but loved his production of ... heck, I can't remember the name of it! It had Emma Thompson, Denzel Washington, Keanu Reaves and Kenneth Branagh as some of the lead actors. :( Memory is crap lately. Oh well - it was really good, and for $3 I took a chance on it.
I'm also pleased that I found a foam, eggcrate style full size mattress topper for $9. Hopefully it will help ease my aching joints. I had one once before for my twin bed, and seems like it really made the mattress more comfortable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home