Sunday, June 18, 2006

A new chapter begins

I've not said much about it until I was sure that I would be able to keep it up, but I have become a Flybaby. :-) www.flylady.net will tell you everything you've ever wanted to know about FlyLady. As those who know me well know, I am NOT a good housekeeper. I am not even a mediocre housekeeper. I'm a TERRIBLE housekeeper. LOL With FlyLady that is slowly changing. My kitchen isn't spotless, but any means, but my sink has been clean for 5.5 wks. I'm slowly reclaiming bits of my home. It's not all clean yet, and I don't expect it to be - I'm just keeping the same areas clean and expanding them a bit each week, while teaching myself those tidy household habits that most people seem to learn growing up and which I've NEVER been any good at, though I remember hearing many of these lesson from both my parents as a child. I guess hearing and listening aren't the same thing. LOL

In the meantime, I came very close to ditching this house and buying another, but have backed off of that idea for the time being. My plan is still for resale in the future, but we'll see how that goes. In the meantime, I've started refinishing the woodwork in my house. So far I've stripped the bathroom door completely down, and done about 2/3 of the hallway door. I also did one thin piece of molding which had been sitting around ever since I moved in. It's a bit rough on the body, but very satisfying to see all that gorgeous wood reappearing from years of ugly paint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home