Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Crazy mutts

I have a funny dog story from Sunday. I went out on the front porch to do some cleaning and the front door didn’t latch. I turned around in time to see two streaks of lightning take off down the street. I said some *very bad words* and ran inside to get my car keys and the leashes because they were down the end of the street by the time I got as far as the sidewalk. The neighbors across the street were on their porch and pointed down the street so I drove towards Hickory St and couldn’t see them. I could hear dogs barking so I turned into the alley that runs behind my house. I came up behind a house a few down from me and immediately spotted Midas. I stopped the car and opened the door and he came RUNNING full speed at me and jumped into the car. (He HATES the car!). I still didn’t see T, so I drove down the alley to Holly St (going behind my house in the process) and went back around to my street. As I got near my house, I saw the neighbors across the street laughing and pointing. I look over, and there’s T sitting on the front porch waiting for me. As soon as he saw me in the car, he came running off the front porch and up on the car door, looking in the open window at me as if to say “Hey! Are we going for a ride? Cool! Let’s go!”
The neighbors later told me that he left Midas, came across the street to greet them, and then back to our side of the street and up on the porch. All in about 5 minutes. *eye roll* Crazy mutts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home