Thursday, April 06, 2006

Let's go....

Fly a kite! That's what I did when I got off work today. It was totally spur of the moment and I had a wonderful time. Sometimes ya just got to play.

This whole "turn the clocks forward" again thing is a pain in my tush. I had a very nice schedule all worked out, and now I'm having to get up earlier. Ick. It is nice that it's light now until 8 pm; I like that part of it a lot!

So, random factoids - for those of you that weren't already aware of it, I had a short but scary spell here at the house 2 weeks ago and passed out while trying to get to the phone to call for help. That spell ended up with me in the hospital for 3 days, not sleeping for 2, a CT scan, a colonoscopy (AGAIN) and an exploration under anesthesia with 2 rectal stricturoplasties. They were SURE they were going to find a fistula, but ol' Frederica wasn't going to make it easy for them, no sirree. She's a modest lil' lady and she hid, dammit. I'm as certain as they are that she's still lurking in there somewhere, but as long as she behaves herself, I don't care anymore. I lived with her older twin brothers for 10+ years before I evicted them, so she knows the score. She doesn't bother me and I'll pretend she's not there. LOL

I'm tentatively scheduled for a capsule endoscopy test next Tuesday - that should be interesting. I say tentative, because I'm not sure that insurance is going to ok the test. We'll see. I'll be very curious to see what it shows because I've felt for years that my stomach/small intestine do not empty the way they should, though I don't know why, or what's going on. Plus *putting on nerd hat* it just kind of sounds like a cool test. LOL

I've become very addicted to Sudoku puzzles and even coughed up the $15 to download a program called Master Sudoku to my Palm pilot. LOL Yup, I'm a geek.

This Saturday Priscilla and I are going downtown to walk in the Mystery History Mile - http://www.active.com/event_detail.cfm?event_id=1287996 The weather will be a bit cool according to the forecasters, but they've been wrong the last 2 weekends so I'm not too worried about it.

Hmmm, what else. Well, I bought a new (to me) monitor last weekend. Apparently the one I had didn't appreciate being knocked around when I fell in the computer desk. The graphics have been wonky off and on ever since. It's fairly old for a monitor also - and it's definitely been well used, at least since I got it. I'm not sure how much use it got before that. The replacement is nothing spectacular, but it works, looks ok, and the price was right, so I'm not going to fuss. I'm just glad I can still get on the net.

Guess that's about it for news today. I wish you could see T right now - he's lying on the floor next to me with his paws tucked up close to his head. I guess he'll always look like a puppy to me - he's never lost the mannerisms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home