Friday, May 21, 2004

I'm back from the Crohn's zone

Hooray! It's over. (big huge sigh) The colonoscopy is finished - again. I think this was #9 or maybe #10, but sad to say, I don't remember.

I must say now, I LOVE drugs. The nurse anesthetist put in the Versed and I said "Whew! Good stuff!" We all laughed and that's the last thing I remember before waking up in recovery 45 minutes later.

If I understood correctly (I'll clarify in the office when I see him) we'll be increasing my dose of Remicade. I'm a little worried as I got a little sick during the treatment yesterday, but the nurses were right on it and took excellent care of me, and precautions to keep me safe. I think a big part was overtired, and the benadryl hadn't had quite enough time to kick in full strength when we started the drip.

Dad was here for the whole thing and has been great - we went to Pario's new location and had some (as usual) awesome spaghetti and meatballs. I started craving it Thursday afternoon, so by Friday afternoon they really hit the spot!

Hope all my readers have had a much less eventful week than I have. Sunny skies and cool breezes for everyone this weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home