Monday, July 05, 2004

Weekend cleaning goals vs reality

The following is from a note I posted on www.OrganizedHome.com I posted the original note last Friday and then updated it tonight.

UPDATE:

MY GOALS:

Get all decluttered clothes donated this weekend to Salvation Army (after doing tally for tax return). -NOT DONE. But, I did get the paperwork to do the tally. Worth too much as deduction not to do.

Declutter all surfaces in dining and living room. HALF DONE. Dining room done.

Vacuum and shampoo sofa, loveseat, and armchairs. NOT DONE

Get last of bedroom clutter in proper place - or disposed of. NOT DONE

Got to concert/firework show Sat night DONE - but didn't stay. Didn't feel well.

Make SURE the dogs have figured out how to use the new dog door(installed by me with my very own hands! Hooray!) DONE

Mend bedspread so it can FINALLY go in the laundry!!! NOT DONE.

Return items to hardware store that weren't needed. DONE!!!

If time allows - get piece of replacement glass for picture frame and shoe shop for my brother's wedding. HALF DONE. Got the glass but not the shoes.

So, didn't do too hot on my original goals. :(

In my defense, I cleaned my TV room top to bottom - reorganized closet and TV center, and dealt with major dust that gave me an incredible sinus headache for nearly 24 hrs. Felt so bad I really didn't get much of anything done during that time.

I HAVE turned the corner on my house however. The kitchen has remained tidy for 2 wks now, the TV room is clean. The dining room is 95% there, the bathroom still needs to have everything scrubbed, but that'll go quick. The floor in there is clean, and I washed the shower curtain and liner and they will go back up in the am, so I can take my shower. The computer nook, while still not where I want it, is much better. To reclaim the dining room I had to deal with old computer, and declutter a sideboard, buffet, side table and full dining room table - so feeling REAL good about that! The kitchen had been clean except for the refrigerator and I decluttered the top and front of it, then realized the seals were growing science experiments, so cleaned that while I was at it. YUCK. The laundry is all caught up AND put away, except for the problem linen in search of a home.

End evaluation - Didn't do all that I wanted, but I'm very pleased with what I have gotten done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home