Monday, July 12, 2004

Reporting in from Vacation-land

Wow!  Day 3 was busy busy busy, but I had a great time.   We got off to a slow start, but then, after a bit of shopping, I went to visit my brother Leonard, his new wife Tammy, all the assorted children, and Jenny the dog.  What a fun time!
 
I brought the kids a toy apiece that they could play with with the other children.  They set up Billy's first, the "Octopus".   It's a very cool gadget that goes on the end of the house and has eight 2ft long skinny foam arms that whip around spraying water everywhere.   A definite hit with both kids and dog.  Miranda and I played with her new circus book, and then we played a hand of Disney UNO (Kaitlynn's) and a round of Disney Memory (Mikayla's).
 
When I left their house, I went by Beall's and bought shoes for the wedding!  YEAH!!! One last chore off the list AND I like the shoes AND they were on sale!  LOL 
 
Then I had dinner and spent the evening with Noel, Cindy, Dane and Erin.  We also had a lot of fun.  Erin entertained us by figuring out how to walk in my new high heeled sandles.  (Slides)  Amazingly she eventually managed it!   Dane, Cindy and I played a round of Phase-10 and watched the new TV series "The 4400", which was VERY cool by the way.  ;-)
 
I got one picture of Erin in my sandles looking up at her big brother as he looked down at her - I sure hope it comes out!  I've already titled it in my head - "The long and the short of it".
 
Today (Day 4) I read for a little while then went out to visit with my grandmother and Uncle Pat for a few hours.  I tried to get my hair cut, but Aunt Libby's stylist isn't back until Wednesday, so I took her first appt.  I went by Hobby Lobby, Beall's, Fantastic Sam's and Subway before coming back to my folks house and crashing with a book around 1:30.  By 2:30 I was asleep and slept for nearly 2 hours.  I think I'm starting to get the hang of this whole vacation gig. LOL   I did call and try to track down my house/dogsitter to make sure that all is well.  I'm trying to go by the "no news is good news philosophy" but I do miss my boys.
 
Well, that's the entire scoop from vacation-land.  So far, so good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home