Sunday, August 01, 2004

Weekend anyone?

Hmm, what have I done lately? Saturday I cleaned the kitchen, ran 3 or 4 loads of laundry, updated the blog photo page, and did some housecleaning -though I'm hard pressed to say what I cleaned! Sure doesn't look like I cleaned anything.

Today I got up with every intention of 'knuckling down' and getting the housework DONE. By two o'clock I blew the whole thing off, and went for a drive to Fall Creek Falls State Park. WOW! It was really impressive. Sure wish I'd brought a change of clothes and my swim suit - there were tons of places to swim and I was in jeans and 1.5 hr from home. I seriously considered it - but that's a long drive in wet jeans.

I did get to see several waterfalls - including the highest one east of the Rocky Mountains, and they were gorgeous. I also went across two suspension bridges - though I had to work up my nerve for the first one. The kids running around the park kept bouncing the dern thing - yikes!

It's a bit of a drive - but the park is truly awesome - as well as free. There are a lot of trails to wander and a bike path too. Someday maybe I'll try to camp there overnight - but it won't be soon as I have no tent or anything else necessary for camping.

I'm shopping for a card reader now, so that I can download and look at all the pictures I took today. I know that at least a few of them are worth looking at twice - at least I hope so!

I am meeting Carla and Rebekkah at Coolidge park tomorrow morning, so I'll get to play in the water then. I'm looking forward to it. :-) This hot weather is for the birds.

Hope everyone had a great weekend...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home