Friday, February 25, 2005

I'm free! I'm free! (but I ain't cheap)

HOORAY! I'm back from seeing the GI and, drumroll please -

NO DRUGS!!!

Based on how I'm feeling he said he didn't feel the need to poison me again just yet (his words - and his terminology for most immunosuppressives). I am so happy! I'm not taking any pills and I'm not even in trouble about it. tee hee Since the surgery showed almost no disease activity at all, just one very small ulcer in the area of the fistula, he doesn't know if the meds were doing more than we thought, or if it was just time. My thoughts? Time. I am so happy I don't know what to do with myself.

I'd noticed that I was tolerating a whole lot of foods much better than I ever used to - but was afraid to hope...and since my BM's always hurt so much (pre-surgery) I guess I thought I was imagining everything else being better.

Oh, and best news? I've been thinking I gained a bunch of my 7 lost pounds back after sitting on my butt for two weeks recovering (and consoling myself with M & M's) and my newer jeans were feeling tight again... But I kept thinking - my calves look skinnier -

Per his scale I've only gained back about 1.5 lbs - and I swear it's all in my belly and period related. That really brightened my day even before I saw the doctor - I thought I'd blown it and gained back that weight and was so depressed. Once I was done with him, I was walking on air! LOL

AND, it's sunny outside, and my daffodils are blooming, and I saw my first flowering tree in bloom, and it's 60+ degrees, and ...the world is just looking wonderful today. :-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home