Thursday, June 02, 2005

Everything else!

LOL So many events to cover! I was sad to see them go, but my youngest brother and family have relocated to the Fort Worth, TX area. It was such a good move for them - Erin is in a wonderful day care, Dane's high school sounds 100% better than the one he left, Cindy has a job that she ENJOYS and Noel is working at a job where his skills are valued and respected. AND they have a new house! I am so happy for them and am very sure that I will be visiting TX sometime in the next year. If I can time it right, I might be able to visit Julie and Uncle Vernon too. That would be so cool, especially if I have time to go over my genealogy and go track down a few places. LOL And of course I need to go meet Swiper-kitty.

Other things. Hmm. Well almost two weeks ago Midas got bored and decided that the pkg of 2 C cell batteries I had on the counter looked like an appealing chewie. His burns are nearly healed - he has one small one on the top of his tongue and I discovered the other day that he managed to burn the underside pretty well. Half the underside of his tongue is healing. *sigh* He scared me so badly! I didn't know how severe the burns were or if he'd ingested any of the battery fluid and he obviously was not feeling well. He's back to his normal pestiferous self, so all's well.

I discovered that I had a serious termite issue - and the house has now been treated. It took 2 men nearly 4 hours working non-stop. That was horrifying news to hear. The house will soon have a new chainlink fence around the back yard - the survey showed that my property line extends 7-8 feet beyond my current fence line - which I've always been sure of since I bought the house. It was nice to have that knowledge validated and will be VERY nice to have my larger yard, gates that I can actually walk through, and fencing I'm not afraid will collapse every time Midas jumps on it. I am psyched!

I am also broke, but that's an entirely different matter. LOL It's a 'good' broke so I can deal with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home