Saturday, March 12, 2005

What a difference a week makes.

And it's been a heck of week, lemme tell ya. It's not horrible, but I've had better. On Tuesday I had to call Dr. Yates - he wanted to see me Wednesday as soon as I could get there. Of course, I was already having a routine follow-up with my regular doctor that morning, so I played doctor tag all morning. First I drove to Gunbarrel and saw Dr. Large (who was awesome, by the way) and then I drove back downtown to see Dr. Yates, after doing drive-thru breakfast. He was doing procedures so his nurse took me downstairs, got me set up in a spare room and he darted in to see me. He muttered a few choice things under his breath (much the same things that I'd been muttering since I'd called him the day before), made a phone call to my surgeon while I was redressing and then gave me a script for antibiotics. Grrr. The CD is trying to reappear, and the surgeon wants to see me again too. So, by 11 am I'd spent $95. $25 apiece for each doctor and $45 at the pharmacy. That was WITH my discount. I'll blow another $25 at the surgeon's on Monday - maybe. They keep saying they'll just bill me for the copay - but I haven't gotten a bill yet. LOL Professional courtesy? Or just a slow accountant? Who knows? I'm not gonna fuss. :-D

My coworker Jennifer was in a bad car accident Tuesday night. She thought she was ok, but ended up admitted to the hospital yesterday so I need to go see how she is. She's had nothing but bad stuff going on for months now - it really sucks.

Because she was out, I did work extra this week, which is great since the muttlings need to go to the vets soon for shots, pills, etc. I ended up working 9 extra hours, which works out to 6 at regular pay and 3 more at OT - so they equivalent of a full extra shift. Yippee! And I actually don't feel too bad for doing it either - (physically). Of course, I was useless last night and got nothing accomplished but a lot of web-surfing and some heavy-duty sleeping. My allergies must be kicking up too, as I woke myself up snoring last night. Guess there are times it's good to be single. (grin)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home