Friday, March 04, 2005

Chit Chat

That's all this is going to be. Not a whole lot going on - though we did have snow on Tuesday morning. That did nothing to improve my mood that day!

Today I went to Wally-world and stocked up on their 88 cent rawhide bones, bread and some fruit. Went to the drug store and picked up my Avandia. I'm trying to get back into the habit of taking it every day. I was really bad about it in December when I was feeling so bad. I couldn't take it unless I ate, because I'd feel really bad and get shaky, and in Dec I wasn't eating a whole lot. :-( I've gotten really horrible about taking daily meds - I told Doc Yates that I thought I'd burned out on the whole concept of daily pills. He said "I'm not surprised" - geez I love that guy.

Came home with every intention of cleaning house all day, as I have a friend coming by Sunday to help me put Christmas crates back in the attic. The house is disgusting. We'll just leave it at that. Instead, it was a GORGEOUS day outside, so I cleaned out my car and then raked the front yard, laid out the soaker hose and ran it for a while and did a little weeding.

I have dusted all the furniture in the parlor and started putting photos and decorations back out. The parlor is the only room that's done - and I still have to mop in there. Oh well - at least I started. I did dust the mantel and get it set back to rights too, so that's also done. The cushions are all off the living room furniture and the rug is wadded up into a pile and covered with dog fur. I'll deal with that tomorrow.

I was able to air out the house for a bit - that was really nice. I can't believe I've gotten to the point that low 60's feels wonderful - when I think of all the times I thought 60 was cold. Now I realize that all those times I was prolly ill/anemic so of COURSE it felt cold.

I wouldn't squawk at some lovely 70's - but for working in the yard, 60's and sunny is great.

I'm gonna go knit for awhile until I pass out. I'm making a cardigan on a circular needle and so far it's going great! I love knitting in the round - minimal purling, and no seams at all. I have the body and sleeves made and joined, now I'm working on the chest and will soon be doing the shoulder shaping. Hopefully the pattern stitch doesn't give me too much grief, when I start the shaping. I'm doing this from scratch - figuring the pattern as I go, so things might be getting ugly soon.

Sweet dreams to all -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home