Thursday, March 24, 2005

I DID IT!

Oh my gosh, I hope I'm doing the right thing! I've been working up my nerve for awhile to change my career, but I got ticked off last week and decided to look at the job listings once more, and there it was. The position that has the potential to dramatically change my career, both by broadening it's scope enormously and by allowing me to develop skills that I've not been able to use much. For example, I would be teaching classes! I am so pysched over this - of course, I'm only half qualified for it, but... if I don't try, I'll always wonder.

So, what did I do? I figured if I was taking chances anyway, I'd use a non-traditional resume format that was more easily adapted to showcase the skills I have. (Especially the ones they really wanted!) Today, I finally finished polishing it and officially applied for the position. Aaack! My coworker tells me that the hospital advertised the position in the newspaper last Sunday. I'm hoping that means that it has been posted for awhile without a suitable internal applicant. *fingers_crossed*

And what have I learned from all this? For one thing, it's refreshed my memory as to why I haven't changed positions more often than I have! LOL I hate hate hate filling out job apps. They suck.

And now, the waiting begins. tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home