Thursday, June 02, 2005

Strange experience

I had a very odd experience yesterday evening. Whle I was grocery shopping I found that the 2nd book of Nora Robert's new trilogy was out and (of course) was immediately obligated to buy and read it. LOL I finished my shopping, went to a nearby fast food restaurant, ordered my food through the drivethru and then parked my car at the side of their lot, ate my food and read the book. It was still light out, I was in a very visible area with my cell phone at hand and all the doors locked, so I felt pretty safe doing this. I had been reading for about an hour when suddenly I got an incredible sense that I was in danger and needed to leave NOW. The feeling was so strong that I had lain the book aside and had my hangs on the key in the ignition before I even realized what I was doing. I looked around and could see absolutely no reason why I suddenly felt that way. Nothing had changed, no one was nearby, but my fight or flight was in full gear and I KNEW I had to leave and leave NOW. Something was very very wrong. The further I got away from there, the feeling lightened, but it didn't entirely go away until I was nearly home.

It was a very odd experience. I wasn't panicking at all - in fact I felt very calm but I KNEW to the depths of my incredibly screwed up guts that I had to leave. I just checked the police blotter to see if anything happened there last night, so far, no news. Odd. I've had 'hunches' before and have learned to pay attention to them but never anything even remotely this strong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home