Friday, May 28, 2004

Left side completed

Wednesday, while I was digging the trench to replant my daffodil bulbs and portulaca on the left side of the walkway, one of the edging bricks came loose. So, what do I do? Do I just replace the one brick? Heck no! I look at the poor sorry things, laying helter skepter along the walk and I pull them ALL up. I finished digging the trench yesterday and began the process of planting the various plants, and reseating the bricks.

THEN I discovered that the left edge of the concrete walkway wasn't even. Well, now, that won't do at all! Out comes the hammer and chisel and there go those uneven edges. LOL My elderly neighbor happened to be walking by as I did this, and he told me, in his quiet, oh-so-serious voice, "That looks like too much work". LOL

Well the big news is that the bricks are all back in place, the bulbs are down and fed with bone meal, the portulaca is in on that side and the walkway has been hosed down and looks nicer than it has in a long time. The two transplanted roses are hanging in there, and we had a nice rain this evening so that should help them settle in.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home