Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Great news from Doctor Yates!

(This is quoted from an email I wrote recently) Got great news from my doc the other day. I will be doing three more treatments of Remicade (IV medication) between now and the end of July and then, cross your fingers, I'll start on another medication to maintain my remission. Yes, Remission! I am down to one tiny little ulcer that is healing dramatically, and, by the end of July, I should have a totally healed, intact colon for the first time in 20 years!!! Every time I think about it I get all happy and excited - I'm not excited about going back to oral medications every day, but being able to eat whatever I want without major consequences is a huge thrill. (end quote)

Knowing that "potty trips" are becoming non-painful again for the first time in what seems like forever is the biggest thrill of all! No more fissures or fistulas and hopefully no more tearing of scar tissue - wow! Childbirth has no fear for me - cramps and the pain of a healing episiotomy (sp?) would be nothing new in my life! LOL

And, for those of you tired of hearing about my colon - too bad. Go find your own blog. (laughing - sticking out tongue). Just remember, I could tell you all about my sex life on this page if I wanted to. Oh yeah, I forgot. I don't have one! (sigh) Time to go to work and earn some more $$. Next month I'll own a few more inches of my house. Hopefully I'll have it paid off before it collapses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home